Certified Innovation Professional
The Certified Innovation Professional (CIP) course is a facilitated one-on-one teaching, mentoring, and coaching dialog with an I-TRIZ expert having over 18 years experience in the art. The CIP consists of 8 lessons and 11 assessments delivered in an all-online, self-paced format. Participants can start at any time and take as long as they want to complete the course. For each assignment, participants receive instruction, guidance, and professional critique. Upon successful completion of all assignments, including a comprehensive innovation project in which real-world innovative solutions are generated, participants receive a certification as an Innovation Professional issued by the University of South Carolina Upstate and Ideation International, Inc.
What is I-TRIZ?
I-TRIZ is a set of alternative/lateral/out-of-the-box thinking disciplines enhancing one's ability to synthesize creative and non-obvious innovative improvements for any kind of system or problem type (even non-technical business processes and social situations). Unlike others, I-TRIZ is not psychology-based but rather is a knowledge-based and tool-based systematic, repeatable step-by-step process based on the analysis of over two million international patents and the study of how technological systems evolve.
What will I learn?
I-TRIZ consists of a set of disciplines: innovative problem solving, anticipatory failure determination, intellectual property protection, directed evolution. The CIP teaches proficiency in the innovative problem solving discipline via 8 lessons:
- Lesson 1: Introduction to TRIZ, I-TRIZ, and the Theory of Human Innovation
- Lesson 2: Identifying Useful Functions, Harmful Functions, and Contradictions
- Lesson 3: Resolving Contradictions: Time/Space/Structure/Condition Separation
- Lesson 4: Problem Solving via Elimination (working with the elimination operators)
- Lesson 5: Problem Solving via Alternatives (working with the alternatives operators)
- Lesson 6: Modeling Systems Using Problem Formulator Diagrams
- Lesson 7: Using the Innovation Workbench and Applying Operators
- Lesson 8: Completing the Innovation Situation Questionnaire (ISQ)
How will it help me?
You will look at systems, situations, and problems in a different way and be able to analyze relationships, interactions with environment, and visualize non-obvious solutions in ways that escape even the subject matter experts. You will be able to invent on demand, design around patents, and enhance intellectual property. You will become a strategic thinker with a unique ability to think outside the box.
How much does it cost?
The CIP costs $3,500. Since this is an online continuing education course, you can start any time and take as long as you wish to complete.
How much effort is the CIP?
Participants should plan to devote a minimum of 40 hours of time to complete all lessons and assignments.
What do I do next?
Contact Dr. Ron Fulbright