Minor in Creative Writing
LLC / English Major / Faculty / Detailed Course Descriptions / Graduate School in Creative Writing
Courses Required for the Minor1, 2
- SEGL 208: Introduction to Creative Writing or SEGL 308: Intermediate Workshop in Creative Writing (3 credits)
Three courses chosen from the following (9 credits total):
- SEGL 308: Intermediate Workshop in Creative Writing (if not taken above)
- SEGL 368: Life Writing and Biography
- SEGL 369: Gender and Autobiography
- SEGL 370: Creative Nonfiction
- SEGL 397: Topic in Writing
- SEGL 468: Advanced Creative Writing (may be taken twice if different topics/genres covered).
- STHE 378: Playwriting
Two additional English classes numbered 300 or above (6 credits total).
Courses from the list above, or from the following list are recommended:
SEGL 319: Development of the Novel
SEGL 320: Development of Short Fiction
SEGL 329: Development of Poetry
SEGL 330: Development of Drama
SEGL 451: Introduction to Linguistics
Total Hours Required 18
1 Minimum grade of C is required for all coursework.
2 A course taken in the major cannot also be counted toward the minor.