Check this page often to see the latest program and student news.
- 10/4/11: We have a Facebook page! Go here to see it and 'Like' us to get occasional news updates and information.
- 10/1/11: Drs. Snyder and Kamla, along with coach Senger and several students will be collecting data this fall on the differences in electromyographical and biomechanical differences between the Olympic deadlift and a machine deadlift. We hope to discover whether the machine lift can be as effective as the Olympic deadlift while lowering the stress on the low back.
- 9/15/11: USC Upstate will
host the Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist exam on campus for the
first time on January 14th. The early bird deadline is Nov. 4, and the final deadline is Nov. 18th. Details on how to register can be found here:
- 9/1/11: Adjunct instructor and Head Strength and Conditioning coach Scott Senger has earned the Registered Strength and Conditioning Coach honor from the NSCA. This honor confirms coach Senger's dedication and expertise and allows the program to collaborate with the NSCA student internship program. Congrats to Scott!
- 8/30/11: A USC Upstate Physical Education degree opens doors: Congratulations to Jen Pearson, Lindsey Brannon, Casey (Cash) McCall, Jerrell Lewis, Kim Brasil on being hired as teachers this fall!
- 7/14/11: Today, the South Carolina Commission on Higher Education approved the introduction of the concentration in Exercise and Sport Science, completing the transition from Corporate Fitness. The new curriculum provides more flexibility in degree planning for PE majors and closely adheres to national standards for Exercise Science curriculum content. The changes will enhance professional knowledge and job prospects for future PE graduates.