George Dean Johnson, Jr. College of Business and Economics Mission
The purpose of the Johnson College of Business and Economics is to educate students and engage in strategic partnerships to enhance the economic development of the Upstate.
In support of this mission, our strategy is to:
- Deliver an excellent business education to an increasing number of students representing the diversity of the upstate in a student-centered active-learning environment.
- Graduate students prepared to become successful, productive and ethical leaders in organizations along the I-85 corridor, within the state and in the global business community.
- Attract and retain talented faculty who engage in scholarship and innovative intellectual pursuits that enrich teaching and enhance academic and professional currency.
- Be an integral part of USC Upstate, supporting the University's mission to provide value-added education accessible to students throughout the Upstate along with professional development partnerships within the metropolitan region.
JCBE Learning Goals
Approved by JCBE on March 14, 2005
- Goal: Students will demonstrate an understanding of the Business Core curriculum.
- Goal: Students will be able to communicate effectively in standard business English.
- Goal: Students will demonstrate the ability to recognize and analyze business problems, using a variety of quantitative tools.
- Goal: Students will recognize and analyze ethical issues in business and choose and defend appropriate measures to deal with problems in business in an ethical manner.
- Goal: Students will demonstrate the ability to use information technology in modern organizational operations.