The RN-BSN Program is offered to registered nurses who are graduates of an accredited associate degree or diploma program in nursing and leads to the Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing.
Applications for admission to the RN Completion Track must be submitted by February 1 for the next fall semester. Applications must include the following:
1. Documentation of admission to the University of South Carolina Upstate.
(Official transcripts are required for admission to USC Upstate.)
2. A completed application to the Mary Black School of Nursing.
3. A copy of all college transcripts that demonstrate completion of 61 credit hours of the courses below.
Technical College Equivalents
|Course Name||Course Number||Credit Hours|
|English Composition||ENGL 101||3|
|English Literature||ENGL 102||3|
|Public Speaking||SPCH 201||3|
|Intro to Psychology||PSYC 101||3|
|Developmental Psychology||PSYC 302||3|
|Microbiology||BIOL 330 /330L||4|
|Chemistry of |
|History||HIST 101, 102, 105, and 106||3|
|Intro to Computer||CSCI 138||3|
|MATH 120 or MATH 121||3|
|Fine Arts||Art , Music or Theatre elective||3|
|Foreign Culture||Foreign Language, Art, Anthropology, Government, International Studies, English, Geography, History, Religion||3|
|Elective||Recommended: Nutrition, American Government, Intro to Sociology, Pathophysiology,|
Logic or Information Literacy
4. A copy of transcript from an accredited associate degree nursing program or an accredited diploma program that demonstrates completion of the equivalent of 35 credit hours of nursing.
5. Some general education and supporting courses may be exempted by successful completion of Advanced Placement tests in high school, CLEP tests, DANTES, or challenge examinations prepared at USC Upstate. (See the USC Upstate catalog.) Every effort will be made to give RN students credit for all applicable college courses they have completed in the past.
Contact Us for More Information
225 S. Pleasantburg Drive
Greenville, SC 29607
Phone: 1-888-551-3858 or 864-552-4248