Mary Black School of Nursing
The primary mission of the Mary Black School of Nursing is to serve the citizens of Upstate South Carolina by providing education programs in nursing that are of the highest quality. In response to documented needs, a Bachelor of Science in Nursing is offered. Using on-site instruction, distance learning and inter-institutional articulation, programs offered at the Mary Black School of Nursing are designed for students who are diverse in background, age, race, ethnicity, educational experiences, and needs. The programs rest upon a foundation of partnerships with the community, including health care organizations and health care providers in Upstate South Carolina.
The faculty of the Mary Black School of Nursing are committed to excellence in teaching, advising, and in providing experiential learning opportunities that empower students to become competent professionals who give high quality nursing care to diverse populations. The faculty provide leadership in addressing nursing educational needs and in promoting the health and welfare of the citizens of Upstate South Carolina through educational outreach, scholarship, and professional service.
The Mary Black School of Nursing will become one of the Southeast's leading schools of nursing in a metropolitan university. Students, graduates and faculty will be recognized at local, state, national, and international levels as having a positive effect on the health of diverse individuals, families, and communities of Upstate South Carolina through excellence in teaching, scholarship, and professional service.
The Mary Black School of Nursing will:
- Provide excellent nursing education programs that reflect and support the needs of the diverse population of Upstate South Carolina.
- Provide experiential learning opportunities that prepare students for employment upon graduation.
- Provide comprehensive articulation with all Upstate South Carolina higher educational institutions.
- Provide advanced technology to enhance nursing academic programs and to improve student learning.
- Provide leadership through educational outreach, scholarship and professional service.
- Project a positive image within the campus, community, and Upstate South Carolina.
- Utilize assessment data annually for continuous quality improvement of programs and services.