Freshman Student Enrollment Checklist
Print this numbered list to help guide you through the enrollment process.
If you have any questions, contact the Office of Admissions.
- Attend College Fair or Ed Op program
- Visit campus: Open House, Fabulous Friday, or Private Appointment
- Take SAT/ACT: request scores be forwarded to Admissions Office
- Get AP/IB credit: request test scores to be mailed to Records Office
- Submit application with application fee or apply online
- Ask guidance counselor to mail high school transcript to Admissions Office
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon after January 1 as possible at www.fafsa.ed.gov. The University of South Carolina Upstate Federal School Code is 006951.
- Apply for on-campus housing.
- Complete Placement Testing prior to Orientation
- Make Orientation reservation
- Submit immunization records and health history form
- Submit Citizenship Verification Information
- If you believe you are a legal resident of South Carolina, you must complete a South Carolina Resident Certification form
- Attend Freshman Orientation
- Send final high school transcript after graduation
- Contact your roommate before coming to campus
- Attend Fall Semester Freshman Welcome Week