Media Services is a division of Information Technology & Services and our primary mission is to provide instructional technology resources for academic support through management of all smart and technology-enhanced classrooms, lecture capture, distance education course delivery (via IP video conferencing), and the services of the Digital Media Lab (located in Admin 117). We also support other non-computer needs for all departments at USC Upstate. See below for a full list of services offered.
Media Services maintains an inventory of traditional audiovisual equipment that is available for classroom use and on-and-off-campus events.
Located in the Administration Bldg., Media Services manages Admin 116, a fully-equipped smart classroom with 31 zero client work stations available for classes or training sessions. To schedule Admin 116, please contact Teresa Truesdale at 864-503-5564.
- Video Project Consultation
- Video Production
- Nonlinear Video Editing
- DVD Authoring
- Lecture Capture (echo360)
- Live Event Streaming
- Media Duplication/Transfer (videotape, CD and DVD)
- Scanning of Documents and Photographs (for non-copyrighted materials)
- Audio Recording
- Smart Classrooms Installation, Support and Maintenance
- Distance Education Classrooms Installation, Support and Maintenance
- Scheduling for Admin 116
- AV Equipment Recommendations and Solicitation of Quotes
- AV Support for Campus Events
- AV Equipment Checkout
- Sale of Media Supplies (CD’s, DVD’s, and Audio and Video Tapes)
Rates (Do I need to pay to use it?)
Most services are free to any student, faculty or staff member at USC Upstate. Media Services charges for media supplies (CD's, DVD's, etc.).
How Do I Get Started?
Media Services is open Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. To request video services, click on the form below:
Alternatively, you can call or email the Help Desk to request immediate assistance from Media Services.
Media Services Resources & Policies: