VIP for Students
note: Students attending classes from Fall 2013 onwards will no longer use VIP.
To register for classes, pay bills, etc. students will use the new system, Self
Service Carolina. However, students who attended USC Upstate before Fall
2013 can still use VIP to view their student information.
the web-based program that students use to register for classes, pay fees, check
grades, change personal information, see who their advisor is, etc. Access is
available through the University of South Carolina Upstate web site by clicking
VIP in the footer of any web page, or you can log on directly at www.vip.sc.edu.
Features: (Why should I use this?)
- Register for classes online
- Obtain a copy of your schedule
- Obtain your grades
- Update your address, phone number and other
- Deposit money to your Carolina Card for printing
- View your education profile
- Change your Blackboard
- Purchase/download University software
Available To: (Who can use it?)
Rates: (Do I need to pay to use it?)
service is free to any student at USC Upstate.
Requirements for Use: (What do I need to use it?)
Recommended Computer Requirements:
- Windows XP or newer (PC)
- Mac OS X 10.5 or newer (Apple)
- Internet access
- One of the
following web browsers: Internet Explorer 8 or later (Windows only), Firefox 3.6
or later, Google Chrome, Safari 4 or later (Mac only)
How Do I Get Started:
Go to the USC Upstate homepage,
click on current student and then click on the VIP icon (or go to https://vip.sc.edu):
- Click on login to VIP.
- Click on the USC ID/PIN Login & First Time Users tab
your Social Security number in Step 1 and your 4 digit PIN in Step 2 (Once you
successfully complete the online admissions process, you will receive a
provisional PIN at the email address you provided on your admissions
- If the University cannot verify your identity, or if no
email address is on file, you must obtain a new provisional PIN through one of
the following methods:
- Click on the reset PIN button to reset by
- Present positive ID to the University campus records office in
- You may also download, complete and sign the Request to Set/Reset VIP PIN
form (you must include a copy of your photo ID) and either fax it to (803)
777-6349 or mail it to USC Office of the University Registrar, Third Floor
Petigru College, Columbia, SC 29208 to obtain a new PIN.
your security, you will be required to immediately change the provisional PIN.
Be prepared to choose another four-digit PIN that you will be able to recall,
but no one else can guess.
Support Tutorials and