VIP for Students
VIP is the web-based program that students use to register for classes, pay fees, check grades, change personal information, see who their advisor is, etc. Access is available through the University of South Carolina Upstate web site by clicking VIP in the footer of any web page, or you can log on directly at www.vip.sc.edu.
Features: (Why should I use this?)
- Register for classes online
- Obtain a copy of your schedule
- Obtain your grades
- Update your address, phone number and other personal information
- Deposit money to your Carolina Card for printing costs, etc.
- View your education profile
- Change your Blackboard password
- Purchase/download University software
Available To: (Who can use it?)
Rates: (Do I need to pay to use it?)
This service is free to any student at USC Upstate.
Requirements for Use: (What do I need to use it?)
Recommended Computer Requirements:
- Windows XP or newer (PC)
- Mac OS X 10.5 or newer (Apple)
- Internet access
- One of the following web browsers: Internet Explorer 8 or later (Windows only), Firefox 3.6 or later, Google Chrome, Safari 4 or later (Mac only)
How Do I Get Started:
Go to the USC Upstate homepage, click on current student and then click on the VIP icon (or go to https://vip.sc.edu):
- Click on login to VIP.
- Click on the USC ID/PIN Login & First Time Users tab
- Enter your Social Security number in Step 1 and your 4 digit PIN in Step 2 (Once you successfully complete the online admissions process, you will receive a provisional PIN at the email address you provided on your admissions application).
- If the University cannot verify your identity, or if no email address is on file, you must obtain a new provisional PIN through one of the following methods:
- Click on the reset PIN button to reset by email
- Present positive ID to the University campus records office in person.
- You may also download, complete, and sign the Request to Set/Reset VIP PIN form (you must include a copy of your photo ID) and either fax it to (803) 777-6349 or mail it to USC Office of the University Registrar, Third Floor Petigru College, Columbia, SC 29208 to obtain a new PIN.
- For your security, you will be required to immediately change the provisional PIN. Be prepared to choose another four-digit PIN that you will be able to recall, but no one else can guess.
Support Tutorials and Troubleshooting: