Student Recommended Dell Devices
USC Upstate has a refreshed lineup of recommended laptops from Dell that are available for personal purchase. These are business-class laptops that are tested to get a student through their coursework. They all come with at least 3 year complete care, accidental damage coverage that allows the ITS Help Desk to repair any problem that may ever come up at no charge. What we aim to provide with the recommended models is a quality laptop backed by quality service so you never have to try and find a repair center or spend hours on the phone with support trying to get your computer up and running again. With recommended models we will take care of everything.
Features: (Why buy a recommended laptop?)
- The Help Desk's support model is designed to provide quality, efficient service to those who purchase a recommended model.
- On site repair service is provided for recommended models. Our technicians are certified for repair work with the recommended laptops and have priority access to replacement parts. We can identify the problem, order the parts, if necessary, and replace the parts locally here at the Help Desk. If your recommended laptop requires extensive service, you can check-out a loaner laptop (depending upon availability) while yours is being repaired. The Help Desk does NOT provide hardware support or full OS support for non-recommended computers.
- ITS has negotiated special pricing for the recommended models that includes an accidental damage warranty that covers common mishaps, such as drops and spills. *Note: Warranty only covers the battery for one year and accidental damage coverage does not cover theft, fire or loss.
- If you have a laptop like many of your fellow students, it's easy to share parts such as power supplies, batteries or anything else.
Available Models (prices subject to change):
- Dell XPS 13 Ultrabook Starting at $1,329.00
- Dell XPS 14 Ultrabook Starting at $1,199.00
- Dell XPS 15 Ultrabook Starting at $1,799.00
- Dell Latitude E6430 Starting at $1,199.00
- Dell Latitude E6530 Starting at $1,239.00
- Dell Precision M4700 Starting at $1,799.00
- Dell Inspiron 15R Starting at $799
Available to: (Who can use it?)
Rates: (Do I need to pay to use it?)
The cost of recommended laptops varies (see above for more information). Support will be free as well as replacement parts (provided they are still under warranty)
How Do I Get Started:
- Visit the Dell Recommendation Site
- Browse the models available and purchase the one most suitable for your needs.
- This year’s laptop lineup is fully customizable to your liking. The link above takes you to the vendor’s site in order to customize and purchase your computer directly through Dell. Keep in mind, while you can find these models of laptops elsewhere, USC Upstate ITS can only provide technical support for those purchased through our Dell partner site.
- If you need assistance connecting your laptop to the Upstate wireless for the first time or have any other issues then please bring your computer to the Help Desk located in the Administration building.
Support Tutorials and Troubleshooting:(I need help)
Policies: (The legal stuff... They make us do it)