How to Find Out Your Blackboard Username and Change Your Password
Blackboard passwords expire every 6 months. To find out your username or reset your password if you are unable to login to Blackboard you need to complete the following steps:
- Login to VIP.
- Click on the "Technology" link on the left side of the window.
- Click on "Show Me Network Username."
- Underneath the "Important" message you will see "Your USC network Username is."This is your Blackboard username. Below your username you will see a box where you can enter your password. Your password must be at least eight characters, cannot contain your user ID and must meet the special character requirements listed on this page. Enter a password that meets this criteria.
- Enter the password again below to confirm it.
- Once you have set your password you should be able to login to Blackboard through VIP, on the "Current Students" section of the USC Upstate homepage or by going directly to https://blackboard.sc.edu.
Please Note: Your Blackboard password is separate from your VIP and USC Upstate email passwords. Resetting your Blackboard password will not reset the passwords for these accounts and vice versa.