800 University WaySpartanburg, SC 293031-864-503-5000
Patrick JamisonTeam: Men's Track & Field
Brenicke JohnsonTeam: Women's Track & Field
1. THE CAROLINACARD: The CarolinaCard is also your official University ID card. It is not transferable (to another person) and must be returned upon request. Because misuse of cards may have a negative impact on both students and the institution in general, students are expected to protect their card and abide by all terms and conditions associated with the use of the CarolinaCard as student identification as found in the Student Handbook, The Carolina Community found at
http://www.sa.sc.edu/carolinacommunity/. The CarolinaCard and its account(s) and all forms, records, and transcripts of its use are the property of the University. Use of the CarolinaCard account may be revoked at any time.
2. The CAROLINACARD ACCOUNT(S)(a) The Account is a record of pre-deposited funds accessed by the Cardholder for the purpose of purchasing products and services; (b) there is no daily limit on the number of purchases that may be made and debited; however, no debits or charges shall exceed the amount of deposited funds; (c) no interest shall be paid on any balance in the Account(s); (d) the Cardholder understands and agrees that the Account is nontransferable; (e) the Account(s) will be activated automatically upon receipt by the University of an initial deposit; (f) the patron is responsible for monitoring his or her own account balance(s) and for all purchases made.
Deposits may be made as follows: (1) through
VIP under the “optional fees” section under the financial tab during fall and spring semester fee payment periods; (2) in person at the CarolinaCard office with check, money order, credit card or debit card; (3) by telephone with a credit card only; (4) by mail addressed to CarolinaCard, 800 University Way, Spartanburg, SC 29393; (5) through Automatic Deposit Machines located across campus(coming soon!!). All deposits will be immediately available for use with the exception of those deposits made via
VIP – these will be available on the next business day.
3. FEESThere are no charges accessed to the Cardholder for any transactions(s); however, a check presented for deposit to an Account, which is returned by the bank as uncollectible, will be assessed a fee of $25 per check. The Cardholder’s Account(s) will be deactivated until sufficient funds are deposited by the Cardholder.
4. BALANCES, REFUNDS, RETURNS AND ACCOUNT
CLOSURESa. Merchandise may be accepted for return in accordance with the refund policy in effect at the place of purchase of the products(s) or services(s). Any refund(s) shall be credited to the Cardholder’s Account; no cash refunds will be made for any purchase made with the CarolinaCard.
b. Requests for refunds from your CarolinaCard are granted for graduation, withdrawal from the University, requests received within 30 days of the end of each academic semester, and termination of employment.
c. All requests for refunds for graduation, withdrawal from the University, or termination of employment, must be received within 90 days of the graduation or withdrawal, or termination. Funds left in the CarolinaCard accounts longer than 90 days after graduation or withdrawal from the University are forfeited and become the property of University of South Carolina.
d. No refunds on monies remaining on the CarolinaCard will be issued for Account balances of $5.00 or less. A $20 check processing fee will be charged for all refunds.
To receive a refund request form, visit or write to: CarolinaCard, 800 University Way, Spartanburg, SC 29393 or call 864-503-5167. Please allow approximately four weeks for any refund to be processed.
5. ACCOUNT ACTIVITYActivity of your account will be made available to you on-line via
http://carolinacard.sc.edu. Balances given by card readers may not reflect outstanding manual account activity.
6. LOST OR STOLEN CARDSLost or stolen cards should be immediately reported to the CarolinaCard office, or reported 24 hours a day at
http://carolinacard.sc.edu. You are liable for any unauthorized use of your lost or stolen CarolinaCard, and all accounts on it, until we are notified. Once notified, we will block your CarolinaCard, preventing unauthorized usage. If you notify our office within 2 business days after you learn that your card has been lost or stolen, your maximum liability is $50. If you notify us after the 2nd business day after you learn of the loss or theft of your card, but within 60 days, your maximum liability is $500. If you notify us after 60 days, you liability is unlimited. Replacement cards are $25. Once a new card is made, previous cards cannot be re-activated nor will the $25 fee be rescinded.
7. ERROR RESOLUTIONIf there is an error on a receipt or activity statement, or if the Cardholder would like more information about a specific transaction, the CarolinaCard office may be contacted by phone at (803)777-1708 or by mail within sixty (60) days of noticing the error. In the event of verbal notification, the CarolinaCard office may require that the Cardholder submit a written notification within ten (10) business days. If your statement shows transactions you did not make, tell us at once. If you do not tell us within 60 days after the statement was provided to you, you may not get back any money you lost if we can prove that we could have stopped someone from making the transaction if you had told us in time.
8. DISCLOSURE OF ACCOUNT INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIESWe will only disclose information to third parties about your account or the transfers you make (a) where it is necessary for completing transfers; or (b) in order to comply with government subpoena or court order, or (c) if you give your written permission.
9. CHANGES IN TERMS AND CONDITIONSThe University shall mail, email, or deliver a written notice at least twenty-one (21) days before the effective date of any change in terms or conditions if the change would result in increased fees or charges or increased liability for the cardholder. Prior notice need not be given where an immediate change in terms or conditions is necessary to maintain or restore the security of an electronic fund transfer system or account. However, if a change is to be made permanent, the University shall provide written notice of the change to the cardholder on or with the next regularly scheduled periodic statement or within thirty (30) days, unless such disclosure would jeopardize the security of the system or an account.
10. REPLACEMENT CARDSReplacement cards are $25.
USC UpstateDepartment of Public Safety800 University WaySpartanburg, SC 29303Fax: 864-503-5873Faculty/Staff Directory
The University of South Carolina Upstate is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award baccalaureate and masters degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia, 30033 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of USC Upstate. Comments or Complaints?