Tuition Payroll Deduction Plan
Effective Spring 2013, University employees who are students or have students attending USC Upstate may authorize payment of a current term tuition and fees via payroll deduction.
All employees (permanent and temporary) who are employed during the deduction period and whose monthly payroll is sufficient to cover the tuition and fees. Work-Study students are not eligible.
The Tuition Payroll Deduction Plan is available for Fall, Spring, Summer I & Summer II terms only. This plan must be established prior to the start of each term. Enrollment deadlines are as follows:
|Terms||Deadline to Enroll|
|Fall||First Cancellation Date according to Academic Calendar|
|Spring||First Cancellation Date according to Academic Calendar|
|Summer I||May 15|
|Summer II||June 15|
- Prior term charges must be paid in full before this plan can be established.
- The amount of each deduction is determined by taking the total balance due for the current term and subtracting any financial aid and initial payments made by the employee.
Deductions will be taken equally over (6) six pay periods for Fall and Spring and (2) two pay periods for Summer I & II. The deduction schedule is as follows:
|Fall||Sept. 30; Oct. 15 & 31; Nov. 15 & 30; Dec. 15|
|Spring||Feb. 15 & 28; March 15 & 31; April 15 & 30|
|Summer I||June 15 & 30|
|Summer II||July 15 & 31|
- Charges added after a deduction plan is established must be paid when incurred and cannot be added to the plan.
- Employees cannot use the Tuition Payment Plan if a Tuition Payroll Deduction Plan is established for the current term.
- This plan is not available for Work-Study students.
Employees can enroll for the Tuition Payroll Deduction Plan by completing the form in the Cashier’s Office, HEC Building.
Please do not contact the Human Resources Department with any questions pertaining to this plan.