Apply Financial Aid to Your Bill through VIP
Once you are awarded financial aid you must take one of the two steps below to apply your financial aid funds to your bill.
If you have questions, learn more about VIP or contact the Cashier's Office at 864-503-5326.
If your aid completely covers your educational charges, please follow the instructions below. If not, see section II.
- Access the VIP site at https://vip.sc.edu/.
- Click on the word Login.
- At step 1, enter your USC Student Identification Number. This is your Social Security Number.
- At step 2, enter your PIN. (If you have forgotten your PIN number, please take a picture ID to the Records Office in the Health Education Complex, Suite 2081. PIN numbers cannot be given by telephone).
- At step 4, Click on the word Login. The screen will display options on the left.
- Click on the word Financial.
- Click on Fees, Tuition and Payment.
- The screen will display your itemized charges. Scroll to the bottom of the screen and click on Pay Fees.
- The screen will ask if you want to use advanceable financial aid, click Yes.
- The screen will instruct you on cancellation terms of your loan, click Continue.
- The screen will display your transaction number/confirmation number. Keep this number for your records.
If your aid does not completely cover your educational charges, please follow the instructions below:
- Follow instructions 1-9 as indicated above.
- You may pay the balance of your bill online with a credit card or by eCheck from your checking account.*
- Upon either of these options, you will receive a confirmation number. Keep this number for your records.
* NOTE: If you do not wish to apply financial aid and pay fees via the web, you must contact Student Account Services (Cashier's Office) for instructions at 864-503-5326.
For more information, contact Student Account Services (Cashier's Office)