Benefits of the Program
- Collaborative effort of the SC Vision Education Partnership
- Offers a variety of clinical experiences at schools to apply learning skills
- Approved by the SC Department of Education
- SC School for the Deaf and Blind makes summer housing available at no cost
- Courses offered through distance delivery and on campus
- Small class sizes
- Prepares you to effectively meet the educational needs of students with visual impairments
- Comprehensive and culturally responsive program of study, including braille, orientation and mobility, and assistive technology
What Other Students are Saying...
"The staff at USC Upstate, especially Dr. Tina Herzberg, have gone above and beyond to make my entrance into the program and this career field a smooth transition. From assistance with registering to answering questions about specific eye conditions or evaluations, they have always been hepful, informative, and uplifting. I have attended two other USC campuses and the folks here at USC Upstate are the best!"
Heather Green, Teacher for the Visually Impaired
Sumter School District 17
"Dr. Herzberg ensures that the coursework thoroughly prepares you! It makes me feel confident in my role as a Teacher for the Visually Impaired."
Denise Cohen '12, Teacher in Charleston