Links for Distance Learners
Coordinator of Library Services for Distance Learning
USC Upstate Library Coordinator
at the University Center of Greenville
F.W. Symmes Library & Media Center, Room A
USC Upstate Library 266
F.W. Symmes Library & Media Center, Room A
USC Upstate Library 113A
For evenings and weekends:
Research assistance - (864) 503-5638
Information about circulation of materials - (864) 503-5611
Here you will find information about the USC Upstate Library's resources and services for USC Upstate students enrolled in all modes of distance education. These courses may be:
- at the University Center of Greenville,
- by the USC Upstate School of Education/USC Sumter education program,
- the Mary Black School of Nursing RN to BSN Program,
- web-based courses offered on the Internet, or
- "dual enrollment" courses offered at local high schools.
It is necessary for you to acquire a USC Upstate username and password and a Carolina One ID card in order to access all the resources listed below.
- A USC Upstate username and password is required for access to electronic databases, electronic reserves and on-campus network access.
- The Carolina One ID Card has a barcode that is required for use of PASCAL Delivers and USC Upstate Interlibrary Loan materials. Also renewal of materials requires this barcode number.
Click here for username and password information. Carolina One USC Upstate ID cards are made at the University Public Safety department on the USC Upstate Campus and the Upstate administrative offices at UCG (with a 3 to 4 day wait for an active card).
- PASCAL Delivers - all books, whether part of the USC Upstate Library or part of PASCAL member libraries, can be ordered through PASCAL Delivers. Delivery of these books can be designated to any PASCAL member library listed as a PICK UP LOCATION. Note: the University Center of Greenville's Library is a Pick up location. Books usually arrive at the destination library within 3 to 5 business days. Please note that when you search the USC Upstate Library catalog and your search finds no holdings, you may click the blue and green PASCAL button and the search will be conducted in the PASCAL database of SC academic libraries.
- Renewal of USC Upstate Books - Two 3-week renewals are allowed. Place your request BEFORE the due date. From the USC Upstate Library catalog, click "My Account"; enter your name and the number on the back of your Carolina One USC Upstate ID card. Follow the directions for renewing items.
- Renewal of PASCAL Books - One 3-week renewal is allowed. Place your request during the five (5) days before the due date. These are also renewed through "My Account."
Locate articles from journals, magazines and newspapers on a particular subject. Many databases include the full transcript and/or scanned image of articles. Look at the description of the databases to see whether it contains full text. Your USC Upstate username and password are required to access subscription databases.
- Periodical Holdings
Search the library's holdings of print and electronic periodicals via Journal Finder (TDNet), which contains a listing of journals, magazines and newspapers subscribed to by the USC Upstate Library. For delivery, see "Library Services" below. To request an article from a periodical owned by the USC Upstate Library that is not available electronically, use the Distance Education Materials Request Form.
- Distance Education Materials Request Form - This is for delivery of copies of journal, magazine, and newspaper articles and DVDs OWNED by the USC Upstate Library. If a distance education student cannot conveniently pick up books at one of the PASCAL Pickup locations, USC Upstate Library books may also be ordered using this request form.
- Interlibrary Loan - This form is for books and copies of articles NOT available from USC Upstate and NOT available through PASCAL Delivers. Materials usually arrive within two weeks.
- Visiting Patron - This provides checkout privileges at other South Carolina academic libraries in person.
- Ask a Librarian - Contact the USC Upstate Reference Librarians.
- Course Reserves - Scroll down to the bottom of the screen to see items that have been placed on electronic reserve by faculty.
- Spartan GreenSky - Spartan GreenSky is an initiative of USC Upstate to provide anywhere, anytime access to USC Upstate email, files and course-required software for all students, faculty and staff. Included in these services are email, cloud storage and virtual computer access.
- Information Technologies and Services
- Information for Faculty
Back to Top