Online Proxy Request Form
Faculty: Please review the information below before completing the form.
- Proxy card requests must be submitted by the faculty member-not the student.
- Proxy cards expire on the last day of each term.
- A new request must be submitted each term for each student assistant.
- Books checked out using the proxy card are the full responsibility of the faculty member. Replacement cost and processing fee will be charged for lost material.
- To view a list of items checked out to your account visit “My Account” https://libcat.csd.sc.edu/patroninfo. The USC Upstate ID barcode or the proxy card barcode may be used to access “My Account”.
- Be aware that your student proxy card holders will be able to view your library account information through the “My Account” link.
- Proxy cards may not be used to place ILL requests because the ILL system will only support one barcode ID number per patron. As a result each patron must use the barcode number on his/her USC Upstate ID.
- Proxy cards may be used to place and/or pick up PASCAL requests for the faculty member. Contact the Library Circulation Desk for detailed information. 864-503-5611.
- Proxy cards do not provide student assistants access to free photocopying or microfilm printing in the library. However, you may request a form to authorize student assistants to charge photocopying and microfilm printing to your department. Contact the Circulation Department at 864-503-5611.
- Proxy cards do not provide access to printing from computers. Students must use their personal logon and any computer pages printed will be deducted from their personal semester print allotment.
- Contact the Library circulation department for more information or to cancel a proxy card prior to the end of a semester.
Proxy cards are issued for one semester. The card will be processed within 3 working days and mailed to the faculty campus address. The faculty member assumes full responsibility, including payment of lost item replacement cost, for all items checked out using the proxy card.