- Working knowledge of all course safety equipment, risk management plan and Department of Campus Recreation policies.
- Current CPR, First Aid and Belay training.
- Background facilitating experiential education programs including ropes/challenge courses, ground initiatives and games.
- Physical demands required: May be as much as 45 feet in the air; the ability to lift 50 pounds; will be outside in the elements with temperatures ranging from 30s to 100s; may be exposed to various insects such as fire ants and stinging bugs, etc.
Student Challenge Course Facilitators are responsible for the supervision and implementation of initiatives for a high or low rope elements course. Facilitators are expected to maintain an awareness of potential problems while creating a warm and welcoming atmosphere for participants. Responsibilities include:
- Facilitate initiatives and elements of the challenge course and high ropes course for diverse and dynamic populations.
- Assist in set-up, take down and equipment check of all elements on the course.
- Safely and effectively execute group programming including, but not limited to, planning, facilitating and debriefing activities.
- Enforce facility protocols while participants are on the course.
- Promote cleanliness of the challenge course at all times.
- Support the physical and mental safety for all persons and participants on the course.