The Division of Human Resources has announced a significant addition to the university’s professional development programs – Skillsoft, one of the world’s leading providers of on-demand e-learning solutions. Accordingly, access to the following resources is available at no cost:
- Over 3,200 online courses in the areas that USC has licensed;
- 1,200 on-demand videos featuring top business leaders and best-selling authors; and
- More than 20,000 online business books, summaries and reports
SkillSoft programs cover a wide variety of topics including:
- Leadership and management;
- Business skills;
- IT training and certification;
- Environmental safety and health compliance; and
- Project management
SkillPort is the online learning portal for SkillSoft training and on-the-job support tools. In order to access the training content, SkillPort requires a user license. Licenses are valid from Oct. 1 to Sept. 30 each year, and once a license is assigned, the employee occupies the license for this period. The license cannot be reassigned to another employee.
You can preview the SkillPort site via a limited access link at http://sc.skillport.com. The username is Testuser and the password is usclearning.
To request a license, click the link below and complete the electronic request form. Once your SkillPort e-learning account has been created, you will receive a confirmation email from USC Upstate, and a second email with login instructions and a temporary password.
Click here: SkillPort User License Request Webpage