Registration Information for New Students
Transfer Student Information
Freshman Student Information
Sign Up for Orientation
Advisement Testing Instructions
Academic Advisement Centers
VIP Login for Registration
Know Your Pin
- Each student has a four-digit Personal Identification Number (PIN). PINs are required to access VIP on the Web. Initially, your PIN should be the numeric representation of your month and date of birth. For example, if you were born on February 14, your PIN should be 0214. (Note: Students who first applied for admission to the University before Oct. 1, 1990, retain the randomly generated PIN already issued.)
- For your security, you will be required to immediately change your PIN if it is the numeric representation of your birth date. Be prepared to choose another four-digit PIN that you will be able to recall. PIN numbers cannot be given over the phone.
- If you forget your PIN, you must bring a picture I.D. to the records office to obtain it.
Need Help With the Web?
- A staff member in the records office will be glad to introduce you to the use of the Web and help you to obtain your priority registration appointment time or to register for classes.
Drop/Add and Section Changes
- The last day to add a course or make a section change is the fifth day of class.
- After you have completed registration, you may drop, add and make section changes until the third day of class. Simply consult with your advisor and go to the Web to make necessary adjustments to your schedule.
- Students adding and dropping beyond the 100 percent refund period may incur additional fees.
- Beginning the 6th day of the semester, a “W” is recorded for courses dropped.
Payment, Registration and Cancellation
- Students may only attend class if they have registered and paid. Payment is required one week before classes begin. The class schedule of any undergraduate student who has not paid three days before the first day of classes will be dropped.
- Students who do not follow the printed process may not be allowed to register or receive credit.
Corrections and Changes
- The University reserves the right to cancel classes, change instructors, and/or change class times as necessary to meet all the needs of the institution. The academic schedule is subject to change. Students should refer to the “Academic Schedule” link at www.uscupstate.edu/academics/schedule/ for the most current course offerings.