Spartan Nutritional Assistance Campaign (SNAC)
The mission of the Spartan Nutritional Assistance Campaign (SNAC) is to provide food, nutritional information, and other basic necessitates to University of South Carolina Upstate students in need, as well as educate the campus population on poverty and hunger.
Contribution to USC Upstate’s Mission
In line with the academic mission and core values of the University of South Carolina Upstate, SNAC will provide students with food and other basic necessities which will help reduce stress to aid in them being engaged as academic learners. SNAC will also educate student to help them engage in our local community and prepare them to participate at responsible citizens.
Purpose of SNAC
- SNAC Food Pantry exists to collect and distribute food and other non-perishable items to USC Upstate students who are in emergency need throughout the year.
- The food assistance portion of the Food Pantry is open to any USC Upstate student who does not currently have a meal plan.
- The Pantry will be operated on an honor system.
- Any student, faculty, and staff can refer a student to The Pantry.
- SNAC will provide a resource to students, faculty, and staff regarding poverty and hunger related issues as they pertain to USC Upstate students and the Greater Spartanburg Area.
- SNAC will collect and analyze data from surveys sent out to students throughout the year as well as Pantry usage.