Academic Camps 2014
USC Upstate/BMW Manufacturing Academic Outreach Camp
- Date: June 9 - 13 and 16 - 20, 2014
- Time: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Location: George Dean Johnson, Jr. College of Business and Economics, 160 E. St. John St., Spartanburg, SC / USC Upstate - Main Campus / BMW
- Cost: There is no cost to attend; however, the selection process is competitive.
- Deadline: Applications are due March 17, 2014.
For rising seniors in Spartanburg, Cherokee and Greenville counties.
Academic Outreach Camp will introduce students to exciting and real world
applications of mathematics and statistics. In addition, their team work and
leadership skills will be honed and improved.
will gain hands-on experience in learning and applying Lean and Six Sigma tools
to computerized challenges, physical simulations, case studies and teaching
will also have the opportunity to meet with manufacturing professionals using
these tools and skills as part of their careers. Students will also participate
in an in-depth tour of BMW and USC Upstate’s Healthcare Simulation Center.
They’ll even get a chance to improve their driving skills behind the wheel of a
Contact: Tim Ellis or Donette Stewart
More information: BMW Summer camp webpage
Phone: 864-503-5894 or 864-503-5280
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: June 9-20 (2 weeks, M-F)
- Time: 9 a.m. - noon
- Location: USC Upstate Academic Annex, Building 2
- Ages: Grades 3-12
- Cost: $150 tuition
- Contact: Tasha Thomas, SWP Director, or Tonya Beaty, SJWP Director
- Email: email@example.com
- Application: Click here to download the application.
The 2014 Spartanburg Junior Writing Project:" SJWP's Got Swag: Students Writing and Growing" This camp, staffed by SWP Teacher Consultants, focuses on creative writing and writing with technology, and has been serving students in the Upstate for over 20 years. The event is open to students in grades 3-12 all over the upstate and always produces memorable experiences and wonderful pieces of oirginal writing from promising authors. The deadline to register is May 30, 2014. Find out all the details and register at SWJP.