Spartanburg Junior Tech Writers 2013:
Theme: Coming Attractions Moviemaking 101
June 10-21, 2013
9 a.m. - Noon
USC Upstate Health Education Complex
Kim Buice, Director
- Who: Students who will enter grades 6-12 in the fall
- When: June 10-12, 2013, 9 a.m. - Noon
- What: A two week exploration into the world of 21st Century Digital Literacy
- Where: Health Education Complex at USC Upstate
- Why: Honestly, do you have something better to do this summer?
- How much does it cost: $150 (make checks payable to SWP)
Some scholarships are available and students can get a $100 discount when combining with Spartanburg Junior Writing Project.
How Do I Apply: Complete the online application, mail payment and submit the parental signature along with your letter of intent by May 30, 2013. Payment should be mailed to Tasha Thomas, SWP Director, USC Upstate, 800 University Way, Spartanburg, SC 29303. Email questions to Tasha Thomas or Kim Buice.
Coming Attractions: Moviemaking 101
The Spartanburg Writing Project’s Junior Tech Writer’s Camp encourages writing through the use of technology. The 2013 camp will use participant's fascination with movies and film to develop a joy in writing. Through the use of digital storytelling software, campers will learn share their own unique ideas, embrace other’s creativity and understand that the imagination knows no bounds.
The camp includes:
- Safe and reliable Internet research and information literacy skills
- Collaborative group environment for inquiry writing and presenting
- Peer response in person and online
- New friendships and connections
- Plenty of opportunities to find your inner writer
- An introduction to cool digital tools such as Glogster, Prezi, wikis, movie making with Flipcams, and more!
- A “Presentation Celebration” for campers and their parents on the last day