Share Your Cultural Expertise
Imagine moving from your home in the United States, with the comforts of apple pie and vanilla ice cream, to another part of the world where everything is foreign. The people. The language. The food. Nothing is familiar.
Now, imagine how helpful having a native friend who was able to answer all of your questions. Their cultural understanding would be an invaluable help to your experience abroad.
As a USC Upstate student, you hold the cultural expertise of what it means to study here. There are students coming from all over the world to Spartanburg with whom you could share that experience.
Partner with an Exchange Student
The Upstate Global Ambassador program exists to help international students with the transition to life here on campus and in the United States in general. This is accomplished by having committed volunteers who partner with incoming exchange students to foster international friendship, cross cultural learning and encourage future travel abroad.
Requirements & How to Get Started
- Complete the online application.
- Attend Cross Cultural Training near the end of the semester.
- Spring 2014 - April 15 at 4 p.m. in CLC 319
- Attend Ambassador Meet and Greet at the beginning of the semester to meet international partner.
- Fall 2014 - August 22 at 5:45 p.m. in CLC cafeteria quiet room
- Meet with international partner a minimum of 4 times per semester.
CLICK HERE for a letter from the program coordinator with suggestions to help make your time in the UGA program successful.
Chinese Cultural Training - Spring 2014