Parking on Campus
Parking Citation Information
Beginning in fall 2009, information related to parking citations can be accessed online.
Rules and Regulations
The Board of Trustees of the University of South Carolina has established rules and regulations governing traffic and parking that may be examined upon request at the University Public Safety Department. A copy of the state law is on file at the University Public Safety Office.
- All persons who shall regularly or occasionally drive, operate or control, park or let stand, or otherwise use or maintain a motor vehicle on the land or property of the University are required to register the vehicle with the University Public Safety Department.
- Regulations apply to drivers of all vehicles, whether public or private, and are in force twenty-four hours a day unless otherwise posted. Parking permits allow the holders the privilege of parking on campus, but do not guarantee the holder a parking space unless so specified.
- The driver of any vehicle shall obey the lawful instruction of any University Public Safety or Parking Enforcement officer and any official traffic sign placed in accordance with the provisions of these regulations except otherwise directed by an officer.
- No person shall, without lawful authority, attempt to or in fact alter, deface, injure, knock down or remove any official traffic sign or device, or any inscription, shield or insignia thereon, or any other part thereof.
- The University shall assume no responsibility for the care and/or protection of any vehicle or its contents at any time while it is operated or parked on campus. Valuables should not be left in unoccupied vehicles at any time and vehicles should be locked when not in use. Thefts, or damages that occur should be reported to the University Public Safety Department for investigation or other action.