Web Registration Instructions
Access VIP for Web Registration site or follow the VIP link on the USC Upstate Current Students page.
Follow these easy steps:
- From the www.uscupstate.edu site, select "Current Students", then "VIP."
- Select "Login to VIP."
- Login: Enter Student ID# and PIN. (*If you have forgotten your PIN number, you may follow the instructions for resetting your pin online here: RESET YOUR PIN. You can also request a PIN reset in the Records Office with a valid picture ID. Your provisional PIN will be forwarded to the e-mail address you provide on the request form. PIN numbers cannot be given over the phone.
- Main Menu: Select "Academics" for registration and appointment time.
- Course Registration: Select "Show Me" for Course Registration.
- Schedule: Choose from the actions "Add," "Drop," "Change Section," etc., then enter the six digit schedule code.
Select "Go!" to see what sections are available, key in the department/course (ex. SPSY W101) then "Go!"
- Repeat: Steps 5-6 until all your courses have been added or dropped.
- Fees: When you have finished registering, select "Financial" to access your fees. When your bill is correct, including housing if applicable, pay your fees to complete the total process.
Note: Steps 5-8 can only be completed after your registration appointment time.