Utility Menu

tom davies

Readmit and Non-Degree Students


If you were previously enrolled in the USC system and have missed a major semester (spring or fall), you will need to complete a readmit application through Self Service Carolina. Also, if you attended another institution since leaving the USC system, you must have an official transcript electronically submitted or mailed directly to the University of South Carolina Upstate Office of Admissions.

Non-degree Seeking Students

Thank you for considering USC Upstate to further your education. Because you are not seeking a degree, you may apply for admission as a non-degree student. Typically, non-degree students are not eligible for financial aid or veterans' benefits.

Non-degree students include:

  • Students who want to take a few undergraduate courses but do not intend to work toward a degree
  • Transient or visiting students from other colleges who want to take a few courses but who plan to graduate from their "home" colleges
  • College graduates who need additional undergraduate credit
  • Students who want to audit courses

Helpful links:



Contact Us

USC Upstate Admissions
800 University Way
Spartanburg, SC 29303
Tel: 864-503-5246
Toll-free: 800-277-8727

Campus Map

Monday - Friday:
8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.