Creating a Payment Plan
NOTE: If a checking account is being used to set up the payment plan, the account must be validated before a payment can be made. Follow instructions under Prenoting/Validating Your Checking Account to set this up 5 – 7 days before creating the payment plan.
- Log into my.sc.edu, click Account Information, then Payment Gateway.
- Once the online payment portal loads, click Enroll in Payment Plan under the Balance information.
- Select the appropriate account and click Select. Then select the appropriate term to enroll in the Payment Plan.
- Once the term is selected, general information regarding the Payment Plan will appear on the screen. Click Details for more information regarding the Payment Plan such as amounts, number of installments, etc. Once finished reviewing, click Select.
- The next page will display the current total due for the down payment, as well as the payment schedule for future installment dates.
- PLEASE NOTE: Before selecting Continue at the bottom of the page, a selection MUST BE MADE to either schedule the payments automatically (selected payment method will be charged automatically the day installment is due), or to NOT enroll in automatic payments.
- The next step requires entering the preferred payment method. If a credit or debit card is selected and used, a 2.5% convenience fee will be charged. However, if an electronic check is used for payment, no additional charge is added. Once the selection is made, click Continue and enter the account number. Once this has been done click Continue.
The next page will require the cardholder information. If this payment method information is to be kept on file, check the box next under Option to Save and create a name for this payment method, then click Continue.